IVAO offers a rating transfer to its users who hold real-world ATC or Pilot licences, or hold ATC ratings at VATSIM. Pilot ratings issued by VATSIM cannot be transferred, as the exam requirement do not fulfill those issued by IVAO.
Please note: The rating transfer is a voluntary offer by IVAO towards its users. The offer may be withdrawn entirely in the future or denied individually, by decision of IVAO Training Department, IVAO Executive or the DIR/ADIR of the member’s division.
Rating Transfer Requirements – XE
To be eligible for a rating transfer, the applicant has to fulfill certain requirements:
- a. Hold a valid ATC or Pilot licence, issued in accordance with ICAO/FAA standards, – or –
b. Be a member of the VATSIM network with a required rating as shown in the table below;
- Be an active member of the East Asia Region division on IVAO;
- Successful completion of the ADC or PP theoretical exam;
- Shows exemplary behaviour in accordance with IVAO’s Rules and Regulations, i.e. no suspension entries in the past three months;
- Has logged minimum hours on IVAO network as shown in the table below;
- The Division HQ of the applicant has to approve the request. To be able to do so, the Division HQ will have to either know the applicant personally or had the occasion to see the applicant fly or control on IVAO network;
- The proficiency of the applicant may be checked by the division, if deemed necessary through a practical check or interview before forwarding the request to the HQ Training Department for approval; and
- IVAO Training Department reserves the right to make a crosscheck.
Conversion of Licenses
The conversion of real-world ratings or licences as well as VATSIM’s ATC ratings into IVAO ratings is centered around the abilities we expect the applicant to possess.
Ratings not shown are not eligible for transfer.
- complete application by email to XE-HQ from your IVAO Registered email (see example below);
- a. attach a copy of your real world licence, include all pages without any hidden item, – or –
b. attach a screenshot of your recent VATSIM profile full page, include VATSIM ID, name, ratings and online hours.
- The XE Divsiion or the Training Department may request additional completion of one or more theoretical and/or practical exam(s) before deciding on the rating transfer.
- The XE Divsiion or the Training Department may request an interview to check the applicant professional capability corresponds with the provided license and/or the applicant English proficiency level matches the requested rating.
- All applicants and applications must comply with the IVAO Training Department Rating Transfer Policy and the IVAO Rules and Regulations.
If false or forged documents are sent, or if any cheating during the transfer process is recognized,
- The user will not receive the requested rating transfer;
- The user will be banned from doing exams for twelve months; and
- The case will also be put to the attention of the Executive for further possible sanctions.